4-year-old who recently had brain surgery allegedly kidnapped in Texas


Maleah Davis is seen in photos released by Houston police.

The search for Maleah Davis intensified on Monday as volunteers passed out fliers in Houston and searched a field near where the girl's stepfather, Darion Vence, 26, told police three men accosted him when he had vehicle trouble on Friday evening and took him, Maleah and his 2-year-old son hostage before dumping him and the toddler on the side of a road and fleeing with the little girl.

A five-year-old girl in the USA is missing after being reportedly taken by three men in Texas.

Houston Police say Maleah Davis, 5, disappeared May 4. "I can't concentrate. I can't focus".

The stepfather then heard a "popping noise" like a popped tire and pulled over to check on it, Vence told police.

"[The vehicle] pulls up behind him; two Hispanic males get out- one of them makes a comment, saying Maleah looks very nice, very sweet". Vence then lost consciousness.

By late Sunday morning, police had issued an update that said Maleah's stepfather told authorities that he, Maleah and Maleah's 2-year-old brother were "abducted by 3 males sometime Friday night" in North Houston. When he finally woke up on the side of a highway in Sugar Land, he says his son was with him, but Maleah was not. The stepdad was treated for a hand injury.

More news: American Among 41 Killed in Fiery Russian Plane Crash

The family's vehicle, a silver Nissan Altima, which is now also missing, was spotted by a traffic camera driving through an intersection in Sugar Land at 2:54 p.m. on Saturday.

He was aware of him, his son, and Maleah being in the back of the truck. He said police hoped the public could help them "fill in the blanks" in the narrative provided to them by Vence.

Vence said he walked along the side of the road and tried to get help, but no one stopped.

Police later issued a photograph of Vence showing a mark on his forehead, hoping that people may recognize him since he can not recollect nearly 24 hours.

Police have communicated with Maleah's parents, including her biological father, who are all cooperating with the investigation.

An Amber Alert was issued for 5-year-old Maleah Davis, who was last seen wearing a pink bow in her hair, a light blue zip-up jacket, blue jeans and gray, white and pink sneakers.

They were on their way to the George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston to pick up Maleah's mother, who was flying in from MA, on Friday night, but they never made it to the airport. And the trio of men are nowhere to be found. "She has a handsome energy and we just want to find her at this point", Fannin told Click2Houston.