Senior Trump adviser uses fake video to defend Israel's attacks on Gaza

Share

The escalation began on Saturday with massive rocket fire from Gaza, drawing waves of Israeli retaliatory strikes, and continued throughout Sunday.

The exchange came amid a flurry of deadly violence between Israel and Palestinian groups in Gaza that left at least 23 Palestinians and four Israelis dead, CNN reported.

Israel struck back hitting some 350 terror targets including a terrorist responsible for transferring Iranian funds to groups inside Gaza.

But no official confirmation of such a ceasefire deal has come from Israel or its military. According to news reports, terrorist groups have fired about 600 rockets towards Israel.

Israel, for its part, will facilitate the money transfer to Ramallah and the suitcases of cash to Gaza City (banks are prohibited from handling money transfers to Hamas because it is on the United States list of terror organizations).

As for now, it is quiet in Israel and in Gaza, said Danon, and he wanted to thank Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for calling the Palestinians in Gaza and saying that Hamas, not Israel, is the problem.

More news: Congressman brings bucket of chicken to hearing after Barr doesn't show

The current fighting was apparently sparked when an Islamic Jihad sniper wounded two Israeli soldiers Friday.

Over the weekend, sirens blared sending Israelis running to bomb shelters as Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) launched more than 700 rockets at southern Israel in less than 48 hours.

With Gaza's beleaguered population of 2 million people increasingly turning its frustrations toward Hamas, the organization has been desperate to secure an easing of Israeli restrictions, particularly as the Muslim holy month of Ramadan approached.

Netanyahu was criticized earlier on Monday by opposition lawmakers and a lone Likud MK for reportedly agreeing to the Egyptian-brokered ceasefire deal in Gaza.

The Palestinian resistance in Gaza targeted with a guided missile on Sunday an Israeli armored personnel carrier in northern Gaza. "As the siege becomes stronger and the economic situation gets worse we don't feel we have any other choice except to put pressure on Israel this way", he said. On Sunday night a rocket hit a house in Ashkelon killing a 58 year.old man He was the first such Israeli civilian fatality since the 2014.

The building in Gaza City was destroyed, the statement said. The Gaza health ministry said the dead from the Israeli strikes included a 14-month-old baby and a pregnant woman, 37. Israel's army had no comment. However, Israel does not, in fact, occupy Gaza.

Share